Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Red Velvet


6" x 6"
oil on canvas
Red Velvet is the name of this begonia plant. One of my favourite spring outings is to the greenhouse in our village. I love the rows of blooms as they are massed by colour. Of course a planned colour scheme is out the window as I just can't think clearly in all that glory. Okay, I did come home with some sun tolerant begonias (above). I picked up a few and as I made my way to the cash I heard the ohhs and awes. Everyone wanted them. I guess we were all in the greenhouse spell!
I picked a bloom off the plant and put it in a little glass jar. I used Windsor Blue in the background. It is such a pervasive colour, I am usually reluctant to use it, but really loved it in this, it was perfect for the red blooms.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: