Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lego Hello

5" x 4 1/2"
oil on canvas
I'm back. It was so hard to stay in the studio today. When I went out for barn chores, it felt and smelt like a summer day! The above is a fun painting I did yesterday of some of the lego still around the house. It was such a present element when my sons were young. I hadn't painted for a few days and this was my way back.
The demonstration day at the market went well overall I think. I was not able to finish something myself. I have not been using the watercolour all winter and felt out of touch even with a little warm up....I also had forgotten that terrifying time at the beginning when you are not really sure you can do it, how to start, etc. When you have to just start. I forgot it would be worse with people watching! It is what happens when you work in the studio for a few months....summers I do alot of plein aire painting and get used to having people stop by. I find folks are interested and also not wanting to disturb my concentration. It is good to push yourself a little I think.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment