Friday, April 24, 2009

I'm Back!

Brio Toy Memories
7" x 9" oil on canvas

McGill Farm Late Afternoon
18" x 24" oil on canvas
Computer problems solved...for now. Actually I had mulitple issues including the need for a new keyboard. Oh well. Here I am.
The above are two of my latest. The Brio Toy is left over from when my children were small. I think I always liked it more than they did! It is mostly wood and the red egg turns as you pull the little wagon. It is not evenly round, so does funky turns as it rolls across the floor.
The McGill Farm is a larger oil for an upcoming show. I did a small watercolour of this and it wanted to be a bigger painting. So, here it is. I love the late afternoon sun on the fields.
Tomorrow I am doing demonstrations in painting at our Farmers' Market in Tatamagouche. I always feel a little nervous, especially with watercolour as a partner, it can be so fickle! Performance anxiety?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment