Monday, March 9, 2009

Ripe Pear-fection


This pear painting I actually did last Friday. I had to sleep on it-well not the painting, but I wanted to see it in daylight again so decide if I was done. I have a piece of striped cotton I have used now for a few small paintings and I love the effect. Pears are such a good old stand by for when you need to just get painting.

This painting is from last week. I had been looking for some fresh freesia to paint as I love the way the stem flows and curves to the base of the flowers. The petals were more of a challenge than I thought and I had not painted a couple of days before doing this one. The flowers don't last long, so I will try again some day. Maybe a more high key painting. In the spirit of posting daily paintings, I will include even those I am not as happy with!

No comments:

Post a Comment