Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Clouds and Watercolour!

Spring Clouds Racing
Watercolour 4 1/2 " x 3"
The above marks my return to plein aire painting! The clouds were irresistible. I almost had stage fright-what if I forgot everything I had learned? The small painting was not intimidating, and well, I did three at the same time so no one of them got too precious. The above sketch is the one I liked.

From the Clearcut.
12 1/2 " x 18 1/2"
Watercolour on 140 lb Arches CP
This is one of my favourite views. (Of course this morning, I found out the blackflies love it too!) It is a view out over the Northumberland Strait to PEI. I love it because you feel like you are on a level with the clouds sometimes when they are racing over your head as they were on this day. The sky was clearing above but still cloudy over the water. This one is for my July show.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment